As more countries, states and territories accept and legalize cannabis, the industry’s growth is expected to be large. More people are getting into the use of cannabis for recreation and medical purposes. However, a lot more people are moving from smoking to vaping. Some do this for health reasons, others do it to enhance their experience. Some people who want to have an intense experience go for hash oil to vape with. Hash oils have been in existence for decades, but its popularity has grown over the years. Hash oil is a cannabis oil extracted from the plant thus containing the active compounds in cannabis including THC, CBD and other cannabinoids in concentrated form.
I will show you how to make hash oil for vape pen yourself at home. To make hash oil, you need to have the right ingredients and equipment. Be advised that this process may look easy but not as easy as it seems, but also not undoable. The processes listed are not to be rushed and it is important to keep yourself safe at all times as some of the things used in the extraction process can pose a potential danger not only to you but also to those around you. If you think it is getting too much for you, you can just head to an online shop to purchase a vape oil. Let’s Start.
You will need a solvent, in this situation we are going to go with alcohol (either isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol), using butane can be dangerous and is not recommended. Also, you need the raw high-quality cannabis leaves or buds for and a thermometer.
- First obtain about 7g of the buds or leaves and break them into smaller parts. Make sure you don’t grind them as this might make it harder to clean the end product extract. These should be dry. If they are not dry enough, try drying them in an oven not above 194℉. Dry buds are more psychoactive due to the less acid they contain.
- Put the dried and broken or torn up cannabis in a jar and put inside a freezer. Take about 74ml or 2.4oz of the alcohol into another jar and also place inside a freezer. Check the temperature of the alcohol after some time to make sure it reaches –62°F (16.7°C). Pour the alcohol over the buds in the jar and let it rest outside the freezer.
- Depending on the kind of alcohol you used; thus, if you used isopropyl alcohol, after letting it rest for a while, stir the mixture for 20 seconds and strain the resulting mixture. If you used ethyl alcohol, stir the mixture gently then put it back in the freezer for about 3 minutes, then remove and stir gently again for a couple of times, then strain.
- At this step, you can strain with a simple coffee filter or use advanced filters like lab filters, resin drying screens, etc. if you have them. You can strain more than once if you want the purest quality extract.
- Now place the filtered extract into a water bath to allow the alcohol to evaporate. The water in the bath should be about 158 °F or 70°C so that the alcohol can evaporate quickly. You can also place the mixture in the sun to allow the alcohol to evaporate and be left with only the concentrate.
- Once the alcohol completely evaporates, you will be left with the thick sticky hash oil and can use it as you wish.
You can find find many uses for your has oil especially if you do not mind the psychoactive effects of the concentrate. Flavorah has flavor concentrates that you can mix with your hash oils to get a great combination to vape all day.
Show Comments (0)